In accordance with Article 6 of the Club Statute, the Annual General Meeting of the ROYAL MALTA YACHT CLUB will be held at the Club, Couvre Port, Fort Manoel, Manoel Island, Gzira on Wednesday 27th February 2008 at 19:30 hrs.
1. To Approve the Minutes of the AGM held on 28th February 2007;
2. To receive the reports of the Flag Officers for the year 2007;
3. To receive and approve the Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2007;
4. To appoint the auditors to hold office until the end of the next Annual General Meeting.
5. To transact any other business of which notice has been submitted to the Honorary Secretary, in writing and not later than fourteen days prior to the date of the Annual Meeting, by 13th February, 2008;
6. To appoint Electoral Commissioners.
Nomination forms for election to the Committee duly proposed and seconded by Members carrying voting rights are available on request from the Club Office, and are to reach the Honorary Secretary at least fourteen days before the date of the Meeting, by 13th February, 2008.
Voting for election to the Committee shall commence three working days before the AGM, i.e. Friday 22nd February 2008 during normal Club office hours, and shall terminate fifteen minutes after the time of termination of the AGM. Voting shall be closed during the meeting. Ballot papers shall be available at the Club and must be placed completed in the sealed ballot box provided. The Election commissioners shall announce the result as soon as possible after the conclusion of voting.
RMYC Statute Rule 3.14 as amended in AGM 2006…….
Only Life, paid-up Full Members and partners of Full Members in a paid-up Family Membership carry voting rights are entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting 2008, membership cards are required to be carried and shown on request.